Monday, September 3, 2007

The journey begins . . .

Join me on this new journey I'm taking. I know where the journey is starting from - my cluttered desk at our new Mobile Library Services home on Beaver Ave.


I don't really have a destination in mind, so hopefully you will enjoy the journey. I tend to be a random thinker, so I will be jumping around alot, taking side trips, going where the spirit takes me, but in general, I will be focused on the bookmobile, libraries and the love of books, films and music. I'm going to start by sharing our moving adventure - and what an adventure it was and continues to be. I will be introducing our great bookmobile world - the folks that keep the bookmobiles on the road, the folks that work on the bookmobiles, the folks that work behind the scenes and the folks that come on board. And here and there I will be talking about books and movies. I hope to hear from you with questions, comments and suggestions (hey, be nice) and I welcome your ideas.

So, buckle your seatbelts and join me!

Picks of the day:
Book - Join Me, by Danny Wallace
Movie - All About Eve

2 comments:

Connie G. said...

Alison,
I share your love for mobile services -- such a fun way to experience books -- there is nothing quite like the smell of a happy bookmobile with the smiles of customer friendly staff who want to help you find that special read.
Keep up the great work!
Connie G.

Unknown said...

I sure hope others will join and say something about this journey you will take us on.